Magazines and albums

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sun Apr 30 11:43:02 CEST 2000

Have you noticed some missing words in our describing comics?
In american we talk about comics books. That would actually be quite
selfcontradicting in my lanu´guage cause comics and books are different
things...
In my language then, we say tegneserie, meaning drawn serie. when we
have to differ between magazines and albums, we have to say those after
the word.
In french the word BD means drawn albums, or something around that.
When they put the comics in magazines they just put the short, to maybe
cover that it isn't an album.
Languages are a strange and funny thing.

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk