Update On Getting Interview with Don Rosa, Comic, Ect.

F. A. Elliott eliot508 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 02:10:40 CEST 2000

Note - The following is meant to clear up any
questions
one may have about (1) an interview I tapped with Mr.
Don Rosa on 8-3-00, which I'm making available to fans
at cost only, and (2) copies of Uncle Scrooge #219,
which I also made available at cost.

In the case of the "specific" interview and comic I'm
not making any profit - nor would I want to on or off
this list. Although, I'll admit the interview will
appear in a magazine, "The New Comic Reader," that
does pay contributers. I will make $25.00. That is the
price I suggested. Transcribing the interview is not
an east feat. The interview may also appear in
AlterEgo, which I don't think I'd be making any money
off of because they accept donations only. If anyone
disagrees with me making a profit from a fan
publica-tion I want to hear his or her opinion.

As a local access producer I do locally charge $5.00
to make copies of programs I produce, which is not
exactly at cost in those sitiuations but does help me
in purchasing future tapes to make dubs and helps in
paying for my labor in those cases.

In this case I wanted to put the interview in the
hands of fans like myself. I was very impressed with
the number of request I received outside of America -
More than 5 to 1. Many people were likewise impressed
with, as one put it, "...my selflessness." Then again,
I'm not perfect.

In retrospect I made a bad judgement call by not first
letting Mr. Don Rosa know about my plan. I hadn't
expected to do anything with the interview outside of
where I live at until I thought the internet might be
used as a tool to reach more fans.

Anyway, Mr. Rosa watched the finished product and said
it was ok. So now it's available, and will probably
stay available as long as there's an interest.

Last but not least I "think" I'm going to have some
bonus footage showing more of Mr. Don Rosa's studio. I
think this will basically consist of an entire room
sequence or a pan around the studio. I have a mystery
member to thank for this. It will fit in very well
with the numerous close-up shots that I personally
taped. Now, as for the information in general...

A postal clerk told me not to worry about my P.O Box
concerns and that things most likely wouldn't be sent
back. Anyway the title "O'Little Mouse Productions"
has now been added to my P.O. Box.

Interview On Tape (Still Available )

The following costs to me include tape, shipping, and
bubble lined envelope. I will try to send back any
change. So the total cost for those wanting a tape:

Europe - $6.50 regular or $7.50 for short wait airmail

Brazil - $6.50 regular or $7.00 for short wait airmail

America - $4.00 reg or $4.25 for short wait 1st class

Note - One can save $2.00 by sending me a bubble lined
       envelope which would "fit" your VHS tape.

If you've requested a copy of the interview and aren't
included this means your price is the same as Europe.

Uncle Scrooge #219 ("All Copies Spoken For)

The following costs to me include comic, bag, 2
boards,
shipping, and envelope. I will try to send back any
change. So the total cost for those who "reserved" a
comic:

Europe - $3.00 regular or $3.75 for short wait airmail

South - $3.00 regular or $4.25 for short wait airmail
Australia

America - $2.75 reg or $3.00 for short wait 1st class

Note - One can save $1.00 by sending me an envelope
       which would "fit" your comic.

Note 2 - Add the price of tape and comic together if
         you're getting both because I'll be sending
         them separately and "not" in same package .

If you've requested a copy of the comic and aren't
included this means your price is the same as Europe.

Please contact me if any of the above doesn't answer
your questions. Thanks to all who participated. God
bless.

F.A. Elliott
812-467-0278.

=====
The 'one' who has a finger on 'it'... scratches against the mahogany lining of a coffin crying, "I am Jonah! I am Jonah! Spit me back out so I may see and feel the light of day again." And, the levithan does not heed for it knows every great epic must come to an 'end.'
A tasty morsel known as... "understanding."  (F.A. Elliott)