Entertaining?

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 13 14:19:11 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eirik Jørgensen Sollie" <eirik.sollie at c2i.net>
To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2000 6:56 PM
Subject: Entertaining?

> I am new on this list and think it is about time I make myself heard. Let me
> at once say: I am Norwegian, consequently English is my second language. So
> please overlook the numerous grammatical, and orthographical, mistakes I am
> bound to make.

You needn't apologize to us Americans for your command of English.  It has been pointed out to other Europeans, South Americans, etc., on this list many times that we residents of the USA usually have much poorer English skills than most of the "foreigners" who write us in their non-native tongue.  You may certainly count yourself among their number.

I sometimes think one of the main reasons I subscribe to the DCML is so I can exchange pleasantries with folks who can use proper English for a change!

Dan Shane (. danshane at bellsouth.net )