Censorship and the incredible shrinking tightwad

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Dec 7 13:20:19 CET 2000

DAN:

> So you are equating yourself with tabloid journals like THE NATIONAL
> ENQUIRER and STAR that print an inflammatory headline, then deny it in the
> main text of the article, right?

Not having seen any of these journals, I wouldn't know. If you mean
that I used a subject saying "A is true" then in the boddy of the text
I said "A is false", I claim to disagree. If you mean I used a subject
"A is exceedingly and undeniably true" and in the subject I said "I
can understand why some people would say that A is true", then yes,
I am guilty as charged. This kind of exaggeration is a common style
in most newspapers in my country, and is meant to draw your attention
to the main article, which you are *expected* to read, to see to what
extent the headline is true.

I sincerely hope that people actually read my entire posting before
reacting, though I am now beginning to have some doubts. :-(

Now, can we address the point that I was trying to make, which is that
the gags that were excised from "Tightwad" were *not* Don's best, and
that they might even be considered to be in poor taste?

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The impossible is only something that hasn't happened to you yet."
-----