Rob Klein about the parrot gag (OS 356)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Dec 9 08:30:15 CET 2000

ROB KLEIN, 04-12-2000:

> Daniel: Now that I know that Carl himself indicated that the
> Parrot gag may have been his, I feel that it is more likely than
> I thought that it was, indeed by him.  But, as you said, we still
> cannot be sure, as his memory for all the more than 7,000 comic
> book pages he drew, even only 10 years after, was not perfect.
> This unsureness is likely to be enhanced in situations where he
> only submitted a gag in word description, as you indicated may
> have been the case in this situation.

I don't understand what you mean with the last sentence. I've never
intentionally indicated that the parrot gag may been submitted in
words description only.

My thoughts about that are rather the contrary, because I imagine(!) it
as a script like the ones Barks made for the Junior Woodchucks. This is
a pure guess, though.

Or do you mean something else?

Best wishes,

--- Daniel