Journal de Mickey

Frank Stajano fstajano at uk.research.att.com
Fri Feb 11 02:06:55 CET 2000

At 2000-02-10 22:16 +0000, Francois Willot wrote:
> > >Hi Frank, I have obtained a French comic entitled Le Journal De Mickey
> > >1934. First issue No 1. "L' Hebdomadaire Des Jeunes".
> > >If you cold give me any information and approximate value, It would be
> > >greatly appreciated. It has 4 pages with a colour cover and back.
>
>This issue happens to be listed in the Disney Comics Database:

Well, while I thank you and appreciate your effort for the search (which I
didn't do myself not simply because I'm lazy but because I saw no point), I
assume that if the guy HAS the issue, it won't do him much good if we just
retell him what stories are in it! ;-)

I can't speak for him, but I presume he's after info such as (I am making
this up): this was the first Disney publication in France, this title has
been going on since 1934 until now with only one interruption in 1940-45
and the numbering scheme has never restarted since, this thing used to sell
10 million copies on a good day during 1972, the first editor-in-chief was
Victor Hugo -- you know, that sort of stuff ;-)

  Frank (http://i.am/filologo.disneyano/)  http://www.uk.research.att.com/~fms/