Kalevala, again!

Morten Lied Johansen mortenjo at ifi.uio.no
Wed Jan 26 15:46:49 CET 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Don Rosa wrote:

> And the Kalevalian phrasing is surely also confusing. But
> now I need to ask you folks in Finland and Norway and Sweden and Denmark
> and Iceland -- did your version of my dialogue have this same
> misinterpretation of my key instant in the story? Or is it okay?

In the norwegian version it goes like this: (Rough translation)

Vainy: We are one - that I can feel! - You love the snow and cold, -
love the lands up there, - and maybe something more...
$crooge: Yu... Yukon?
Vainy: Are you ready to leave - and be given eternal wealth, - say
goodbye to this world - and the love you need?
$crooge: NOOO!
Vainy: Right choice! My congratulations! - So fare well, Sampo-saviour!

Not exactly the way you intended, but it works...

--
Regards
  Morten Lied Johansen - First-time poster :)