Brer Rabbit

"Jørgen Andreas Bangor" jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Thu Mar 2 10:09:20 CET 2000

Hi, Sonia,

Thanks for your answer. I guess I'm just not familiar enough with
the situation of discriminated Americans to understand. This you
tell, about Indians complaining about names referring to Indians
it... it sounds just ridiculous to me.

Now, I do understand that a lot of non-white Americans still feel
discriminated, and in most cases I would support ways of fighting
against that. But, in my view, this banning hysteria must just
make things worse.

I do have some black friends, BTW, but they're all Africans, and
they don't seem to feel like they have much in common with black
Americans.

   Jørgen