DCML digest, Vol 1 #256 - 7 msgs

bhc@primenet.com bhc at primenet.com
Thu Sep 7 18:29:26 CEST 2000

Harry:

>Well, as Frank already said:
>
>  > suffice it to say that it all ended up in court and that the bad guys
>>  eventually disappeared, to everyone else's relief.
>
>Barks had some managers a few years back, forming "The Carl Barks Studio".
>If you want to know the details about their practices, try searching in the
>DCML archives for "Grandey". Or "Barks Studio".

A minor update: Barks' erstwhile managers, Bill Grandey and Kathy
Morby, after the dissolution of The Carl Barks Studio, went on to
form, or at least become involved in, The Marc Davis Studio. (Marc
Davis has since passed away, and I'm not sure that his Studio is
still in operation.) And just lately they have been in the papers
concerning projects they state they are now doing for both Disney and
Warner Brothers. Busy folks.
--
Gary