Pier Lorenzo de Vita

Jan Follak Jan.Follak at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Sep 29 17:28:03 CEST 2000

A few days ago I found the new issue of "Super Picsou Geant" #99 at a
newsstand with foreign comics, and I decided to buy it, because there is
the following story in it: "Per un dollaro in meno" by Gian Giacomo
Dalmasso and Pier Lorenzo De Vita from 1967. This one was done for the
Italian "Almanacco Topolino"-series, and according to Inducks, only
reprinted in France.
In it, Donald teams up with the bad guy from Barks' "Sheriff of Bullet
valley", a reference that is already noted in Inducks. But is there also a
reference to the Sergio-Leone-movie "For a fistful of dollars" or its
sequel? I haven't seen those movies, so does anyone know? It seems likely,
because the story appeared in AT in 1967, at about the same time those
movies were made.