Duckburg vs. Mouseton

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:50:59 CEST 2001

I have decided to take part in this debate - the
Duckburg/Mouseton/Mousewille-debate.

In Norway, the city which $crooge, Donald, Daisy, Gladstone etc. live in is
referred to as "Andeby" (Duckburg).
The city which Mickey, Minnie & Goofy live in is also referred to as
"Andeby" (Duckburg).

Still, I'm thinking: is this the same city?

My answer is NO. This is two different cities with the same name. The name
"Mouseton" is translated to "Andeby" in Norwegian by a mistake - and the
same mistake is done in most other European countries, I guess.

Except from that one poster where we can see a map with Donald's and
Mickey's houses on, I have found nothing that can prove that the figures
live in the same town. Every time Donald and Mickey meet in a story, it
seems like "long time no see"... (maybe except from the story by Pat & Carol
McGreal about the millennium) Therefor, it seems for me very likely that the
"Andeby" Mickey lives in, is a quite different city than the "Andeby" we
know as Duckburg. (another example; have you ever seen in a Mickey story the
Money Bin og the Cornelius Coot-monument? Those are great landmarks of the
Duckburg I know and should show in at least a few storys!)

But; Mickey Mouse does not exist! Mickey Mouse is a made up character! I
know many will argue me in that, but to me, Mickey Mouse does not exist.
Mickey Mouse appears in the cartoons/comic books read by
Donald/HDL/Gladstone/any duck and is therefor a made up character. Which
lives in the imaginary world of Mouseton, which by a mistake is translated
into "Duckburg" in Europe. Was I clear enough?