To Gary!

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Sat Apr 14 16:35:51 CEST 2001

DON:

> You puzzled me greatly with this query, and I rushed to get my copies and
> see where me or anyone else had written a dedication. I didn't recall doing
> so! But it then dawned on me -- you mean that your copies have "TO GARY"
> written in them by yours truly???

The inside cover page of my PP book looks something like:

   Don Rosa

The Pertwillaby
    Papers

   To Gary!

     Don
     Rosa

  Gazette Bok
   Oslo 2001

The inside cover of the Captain Kentucky book is similar. "To Gary! Don
Rosa" is either hand-written, or a very good reproduction, as the
letters are not uniformly black, with overlapping lines being clearly
discernible. The letters of the dedication are also different in the two
books.

> Ah -- then the Tronsmo Book Store in Oslo
> who you ordered them from has *sent you the wrong books*! I signed hundreds
> of mail order copies while I was there, and they must have gotten them
> jumbled. Somewhere there's a Gary wondering what a "Kriton" is.

Do you mean that if they had received my order before you visited them
(something of which I am not certain), you would have signed my copies even
though I did not pay for the privilege, having ordered the plain edition
intended for the masses? Wow!

If I got an autographed edition by mistake, I'm at a loss regarding what I
should do next:
* Get in touch with the Tronsmo book store, let them know that if anyone
  called Gary complains about not getting his autographed books, he should get
  in touch with me, and hope that this Gary is an honest person who does not
  decide to keep both sets of books.
* Keep the books, and consider the autographs as an unexpected bonus.
* Same as above, but also change my name to Gary!

        Kriton^H^H^H^H^H^HGary  (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
                (WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Is there any intelligent life here?"