487 Donald, Sprea, Klaus

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Thu Apr 19 10:34:19 CEST 2001

Donald: Thanks for it

>Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary. What's today?
>http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm

SPREA:

>They've always been brother and sister here in Italy, due, probably, to a
>mistake made by a translator a long ago (or maybe somebody just thought
>they coulde be bother and sisters and wrote so... weird, since a "uncle"
>can hardly be brother of a "grandma" :-)
You're right. In Sweden btw. Scrooge is named as Donal'd uncle to his
father's side, which is comepletly wrong. but in Swden the term farbror
which means uncle is also just the distant realtive that you can't call
anything else than uncle.

>> I hope you know Cicero, a great roman speaker, a book sotre was named
>> after him and I also visited there. I browsed another book from the
>series
>> of classic comics, with Scrooge. It contained among many Barks and
>italian
>> stories two by Don, Xanadu and A little Something Special. I thought I
>had
>> book enough allready and left it.
>
>Aaaarghhh!!! I have to tell you you left behind a book reprinting what is
>considered by many the best Disney stories *ever*, and if not the best,
>certainly among the best! Romano Scarpa's "Paperino e la leggenda dello
>Scozzese Volante"! That's too bad you missed it!!
Don't worry, I do have that story, maybe censored by german, in an early
german pocketbook. I didn't notice it in the book btw. Was it b/w or
colored? Maybe I wasn't focussing on Scarpa in that moment, or maybe I'm
not that good at recognizing his style. I don't think we ever saw the
story in Denmark.

>--__--__--
>
>From: Klaus Harms <harms313 at web.de>
Interesting news Klaus.
That Micky Maus looks to me as something some insane fans, other than the
ones you asked have done. If there's a bastel-thing (cardboard for making
Duckburg) in it, then it sounds like someone from www.comicforum.de as
people there recently talked of the old days with card boards with things
you had to put together. Today the kid readers want to throw green glue at
eachother or play PC....

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist