Sprea: Brazilian stories!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Fri Apr 20 02:14:11 CEST 2001

Sprea:
>I am, or at least was at the time when the used to publish them on
>"Topolino" during the '80's.

The 80's!!! Ah, the 80's!!!
I loved al the brazilian stories from this time!!! I grew up readign then! I
love the Paperetta, Daisy and Fethry from the 80's! And the incredible
covers by Moacyr Rodrigues! But the Zé Carioca's stories I must enjoy are
the one's did by Renato Canini on the 70's, and the one's did durign the
90's...until 1997, more or less!

>Way back then on Topolino there used to be two main new Italian stories
>(the first and the last of the issues) and 2 or 3 short stories in between,
>generally by the American Disney Studio, or Brasil. And I did like the art
>of most the Brasilian ones. I mean, al the ones with Fethry for example, or
>Biquino (sp?).

Biquinho! :)
Great character too! Created to support the child's that wasn't reading
Disney...!

>The plot were good too, definitely funny (I think that Silvia Ziche owns a
>bit to this kind of stories too), BUT... (there had to be a "but" :-)
>they're always so short!

Uhn...maybe it's because of this that I like Silvia Ziche's work so much?!
:)

Yes...it's true! In general, 10 pages! You know somethign? I'm thinkign on
it yesterday...I really think that the "short" italian stories aren't good,
on my oppinion, of course! For example, I've saw the last's Biquinhos's I
Coded histories, and I disliked it ...the plot was not workign so weel,
appearing to stop on the middle, but it's the end! And, on my oppinion, I
think the brazilian's writters are VERY GOOD with the "shorts" storys, since
it flows very good, and they stoped without a "?!"!!!

I'm spendign more thant THREE (?!?!?!?!) months on a TEN pages Ludwig's
story!!! I'm not a very fast writer, you can see... ;)
And I, like to write something that I will like to draw! A expression, a
fast movement, a crazy layout...! Hey, stop to speak about yourself,
Fernando!

I think Arthur Faria Jr can ad more to the cause of this shorts comics...I
just can say that last year, we can just do 12 pages!!!
Maybe it's the same on the past, I don't know...
So, we need to try to be good on this 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 pages...you got
it? Yes, sometimes the ideas are more big than that, but it depend's on the
artist...! In my case, I like to do the short one's, since I can express
myself better on "crazy comics", than "adventures plots"...! Yet! I just
writte few stories...unfortunatelly! Since I have the pretensious of do this
for the rest of my life...! And I'm just 20 years old, so I aspec to do
lot's of things...

I really like Arthur's "short" stories!!! And he knows it! They're great and
fun! VERY funny gags, made by character's personality! I think Arthur is
very good with the Nestor character!

>Or at least they used to be, I don't know now.
>So short that there can be no "serious" plot in it... understand waht I
>mean?

Yes! I understand! :)
But I loved the possibilitie of HUMAN CHARACTERISTICS that can be added to
short storys, like the "Os Adolescentes"...! Or the "New Daisy"...it
develops characters's personality, you got my point? And my oppinion? ;)

>Fernando, you stilll need that PK2 #3?
YES!!! Please! I bought today a Scarpa(just draw)story, and next week I'm
sure I will find more brazilian reprints of Scarpa's to you! I'm so sorry
that I didn't post it to you yet, since I'm with LOT's and LOT's of work to
do, from my colegge!!!

Thanks!
Fernando!