DCML digest, Vol 1 #493, Re "How to read..."

Pascal Oost poost at wanadoo.nl
Fri Apr 20 09:48:14 CEST 2001

Harry:

> WL Lilly:

>>   Can anybody give me any details
>> about the book " How To Read Donald Duck " ( I think
>> that that was its title . ) , since we're talking
>> about anti-Disney writings - a book published in the
>> 1970s .

> 1971, I think. Original from Chile, written by Dorfman and Mattelart.
> English translation by David Kunzle.
> I have no information about publishers or availability, and I can't find it
> on the Web...

There is a dutch translation (with a long introduction on how to read "How
to read Donald Duck") from 1978, published by "SUN, Nijmegen".
You can find them here: <www.sun-net.nl>. But I don't think this title is
available anymore.
It states the original publication: Para Leer al Pato Donald, Valparaiso,
Chili 1971,
and a translation: How to read Donald Duck. Imperialist Ideology in the
Disney Comic. New York (International General) 1975.