DCML digest, Vol 1 #505 - 17 msgs

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Apr 25 14:23:21 CEST 2001

From: "Fluks, H.W." <H.W.Fluks at kpn.com>
>>>Sigvald Grøsfjeld mailed me the following link:
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~sigvaldg/sigvald/tronsmo.html
Does anyone know who's that guy sitting next to Don?

(This refers to a photo of me signing books at an Oslo bookstore last
month.)

Why are you curious about him? Does he look familiar or something?

When I'm signing books or comics as fast as possible for people who have
been waiting in these long lines for hours, and since I want to *also* be
able to simultaneously talk to the fans, I always have someone sit next to
me to write down the names on a sheet of paper for me to copy while I'm
talking. This is partly to help me spell the bizarre European monikers, but
it is mainly to give me a *visual reference* to copy while I talk. That way
I do not have to think about what I'm writing -- I can put most of my
concentration on what I'm saying to the fan. The remainder of my
concentration goes toward not falling off the chair and drooling as little
as possible.
What his name was, I don't recall now -- but he was an employee of the
bookstore, was very helpful and spoke *excellent* English with no accent.
And I *hope* he was a good speller.