Soeren: Artist Samples, Igayara

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Apr 27 12:24:07 CEST 2001

[Warning: boring technical stuff ahead...]

Søren:

> > > MK  224c  S 69067  4   DD  Castelos no gelo [xapp:DD,HDL,US]
> > > MK  226i  S 69070  3   DD  Só compra quem escorrega [xapp:DD,HDL]
> >
> > See http://www.projesom.com.br/afaria/scodes/
>
> We don't know exactly what happened to those two stories (S
> 69067 and S
> 69070), but it seems that the Disney Studio ordered 11 stories from
> Gutenberghus (old name for Egmont), i.e. S 69065 -> S 69075. However,
> for unknown reasons they (all eleven of them) were not (apparently)
> distributed in the expected way, but were published just shortly after
> their creation, that is in early 1969 in Scandinavia, and Gutenberghus
> gave them their own D-codes.

My guess is a bit different: Gutenberghus produced these stories and gave
them D-codes (as usual). Then Disney USA wanted to distribute these stories.
They translated them to English (for all the foreign editors), and maybe
that's why they got new S-codes.
Obviously, Gutenberghus used the original Danish versions (with D-codes),
while other countries translated from English and used the S-codes.

Similar thing happened with some Brazilian stories.

The above is just a theory, but while I'm writing it, it's getting more and
more plausible to me. 8-)

> In other words, S 69067 is in fact D  1143 and S 69070 is D  1146.
> Since no story in Inducks IMO can have two different codes, I suggest
> that the D-codes are used with a reference (xref) to the according
> S-code.
>
> Harry, what do you think, it quite a peculiar situation...

I think we should use the original D-codes only. I'll make sure that the
S-codes do not really exist. Therefore, the xref field cannot be used (you
cannot refer to something non-existing), so a comment will do.

--Harry.