Greek Disney Comics

Dr. Archontis Pantsios apantsio at ac.anatolia.edu.gr
Mon Apr 30 10:24:35 CEST 2001

Fellow Quackeroos:

Most in this List are aware of the Greek Disney comic-book KOMIX; in
addition to KOMIX, 6 more Disney comics are published regularly in Greece:
MIKY MAOUS (weekly), MEGALO MIKY, ALMANAKO, DONALD, MINNI (monthlies), and
KLASIKA (bi-monthly). I will start presenting the contents of all these
(except for KOMIX, leaving this to Kriton's able hands), starting today with
MIKY MAOUS and KLASIKA; where I can identify a story's original title, I
will go ahead and list that; otherwise, I'll just write the English
translation of
the Greek title.

1) MIKY MAOUS #1814, April 20, 2001.
a) Mickey Mouse in "Il caso dei blocchi di pietra", from "Topolino" #1455,
1983 (34 pages). Script: Giorgio Pezzin, Art: Massimo De Vita.
b) "Nonno Bassotto e la disonesta inopportuna", from "Topolino" #2169, 1997
(22 pages). Script: Nino Russo, Art: Giancarlo Gatti.
c) "Misteri in soffitta: Tip e Tap e il regalo infinito", from "Topolino"
#2206, 1998 (11 pages). Script: Augusto Macchetto, Art: Graziano Barbaro.
d) Pluto in "The Dam" (7 pages). Story code and creators unknown.

2) KLASIKA #166, April-May 2001.
a) Donald Duck in "Le Straordinarie Avventure di Paperino Girandola", from
"Topolino" #223-225, 1959 (3 parts for a total of 80 pages). Script: Guido
Martina, Art: Pier Lorenzo De Vita.
(Note: In the Greek translation, Albert Robida's "I viaggi straordinari di
Saturnino Farandola", become "The Adventures of Captain Morgan"!)
b) Mickey Mouse in "Il segreto del grande Plunka", from "Topolino" #1192,
1978 (35 pages). Script: Guido Martina, Art: Sergio Asteriti.
c) Uncle Scrooge in "L' affare greggio", from "Topolino" #1083, 1976 (35
pages). Script: Freddy Milton, Art: Massimo De Vita.

Until next time in your electronic Greek kiosk,

Archontis

Archontis L. Pantsios, Ph.D.
Assistant Academic Dean & Associate Professor of Economics
The American College of Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki, GREECE
tel.: +30 31 398 228