time-traveling in a bath-tube

Marco Barlotti marcobar at ds.unifi.it
Sat Dec 1 12:06:55 CET 2001

I seem to neatly remember a story drawn by Tony Strobl where the Ducks
travel through time in a bath-tub-like time machine invented by Gyro.

The gadget in fact appears in a few Italian stories, but seems to be a
reprise there.

I thought at first of W DD 109-01, "Og's iron bed" first published in issue
#9 (September) 1966 of WDCS. But no, the gadget there is a different one.

Maybe I'm wrong and the bathtub only travels through space and not through
time?
Well, you guys are here to dive and burrow thorough your comics
collections, aren't you?    ;-)
So any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated!

Just in order to tell you where you should NOT look:
Gyro has a sand-clock- ("clepsydra-"?) shaped time-machine in "The phantom
blot meets the Beagle Boys - Culprits, Inc."; and another time-machine by
Gyro is used by Mickey and Goofy in W WDC 323-02 "Trapped in time". These
are NOT the ones I'm looking for.
Other instances of time-machines invented by Gyro would be appreciated,
however, even if not bath-tub shaped.

Thanks in advance for your help!

      Marco

http://marcobar.cce.unifi.it/comics