Gil Turner Q

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 19:27:49 CET 2001

Does anyone know when the great Li´l Wolf artist Gil Turner was born? I have
a feeling that I read somewhere the year 1911. Am I right? I guess he is
deceased by now?
I think he did the best Li´l Wolf stories ever. Great artwork and he also
wrote most of his stories too, in them relationship between Zeke and his son
has deeper levels and plots have much more than that eternal chase after
pigs. He was animator at Warner´s but did he ever work at Disney´s as well?
What else comics he did for Western besides Barney Bear and Disney´s Wolf? I
somewhere read that he had a comic strip called "Chico" around 1948. Anyone
heard about or seen that one?
Trying to collect bits and pieces of info to a bigger picture. All the help
is welcome.

Timo Ronkainen

"Rumble on, buxom bumble bee!
Go sit on cowslip - far from me!"