Donald Duck Comic Strip

BFOSTERLA@aol.com BFOSTERLA at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 01:13:31 CET 2001

Thank you, Rob Klein.
   Yes, I wrote the Duck strip from 1980 through 1990, daily and Sunday, and
I have boxes full of the original roughs.  I always wrote in "storyboard"
format.  When I edited Donald Duck Adventures, Uncle Scrooge Adventures,
DuckTales and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories I almost always did a layout
sketch for the covers, and I have most of those, too.  I was always delighted
by the final artwork that artists interpreted from my sketches.  Their
problem was putting the characters on model while trying to retain some of
the attitudes I had put into the roughs.  A real challenge!  The solutions
they came up with were always impressive. If DCML readers are interested, and
if I can figure out how to scan and send, I'd be happy to post some of the
roughs next to copies of the final art so DCML members can see what a great
job the artists did (for educational purposes, of course.) I've recently
moved, so I'd have to dig things out of storage, but give me some time and
I'll see what I can come up with.

Bob Foster