5 fingers in Christmas for Shacktown ?

François Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Mon Jan 29 16:25:09 CET 2001

>Do you mean panel 27.7 in which Donald points at Scrooge having
>breakfast? I've checked the Carl Barks Library but I see only
>four fingers. Am I looking at the wrong place or has this 'error'
>been 'corrected' by the CBL editors?

Well, it's right there are only four fingers. But the way they are drawn, it
is clear that none of them can reasonably be the thumb (or Donald would have
something horribly broken). In fact the thumb can only be somewhere behind
the three folded fingers and that means he has "five" fingers in this
particular panel.

  Francois