Jefferson , Calisota , Flea Markets And Superman ?

WL Lilly liljerryandtheyadayadakiddz at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 01:57:04 CEST 2001

  Regarding the question of Calisota , though I came
in fairly late on this , it might be of interest to
know that there's some historical backing to the
concept of trying to turn northern California and
southern Oregon into a state - In the late 19th
century , there was , apparently , as I found out
after I came here ( to San Francisco ) some vague talk
of turning southern Oregon and the nmore rural parts
of northern California into a state called Jefferson -
it didn't go very far ( And , would be probably pretty
difficult to do , legally speaking . ) , and ,
apparently , had some split over whether San Francisco
would be included ( Basically , San Francisco wasn't
interested , but , without a major city/port , there
wouldn't be a very firm economic base for a new state
- Although , apparently , there was some talk of it
again around the time
of World War II ??????? My knowledge about this is NOT
deep ! It would appear that no-one commented on my ?
concerning the late Rich Morrissey , and the Superman
history he had been , years ago , working on .
  I'm low on money , and I'm going to sell some
recent-past comics , mid-90s , inc. some Gladstone
Disneys , cheap , tonight , at a flea market-type
situation , near me , Are you mad at me for that ? I
hope not !