Don Rosa's Caballeros Rides Again!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Sat Jun 16 02:24:29 CEST 2001

Hi all!

Finally I read "The Three Caballeros Rides Again"! Very nice job, Don! I really liked it, specially on the way you showed us Dona'ld's REAL friends! It's so clear to the readers the way Donald is treat by Scrooge, Gladstone and the "tradicional" Daisy, that I think wasn't necessary to put H, D and L on the second page pointed it...! In fact, I LOVED on the 12 page, the reason of Joe and Panchito on Donald's objective with the money they'll learn with the silver! And I loved to see how Panchito is so nice with Don and José, about the "future silver" of him! :)

"The Three Caballeros" song sequence works great to the reader that remembers the song!

I liked a lot the Disney's Zorro series reference, too, since I liked a lot this series! I will try to find the "Treasure of Sierra Madre" movie, to became more familiar with the references from this movie!

Only two thing's is "strange" to me, since I'm so familiar with the brazilian artists was doing with José and Panchito's character since the 60's:
The absence of Panchi'to's serapè...maybe very much fantasyous to a Don Rosa comic(Don?)...and the fact of José becaming sad for losting his job! The "brazilian" Joe really hate the WORD work! :)
In any way, the characters worked very, very weel! As on the original movie, that I watched today AGAIN! "The Three Caballeros" is my favorite movie of al times since I watched it for the first time on video some years ago!
I received the american DVD of the movie today...it's very fun to listen José Oliveira doing Joe Carioca's voice on spanish, english and french!

Maybe one day I'll try to do a Caballeros story too, the one with Ludwig Von Drake that I was dreaming to do I just did, now I want's to do a "Disney Teen" one, and a Fethry/Dugan Duck one and a...weel, when Abril return the production ONE DAY on the future, I'll have lot's of developed ideas...! :)

For now, I really wait to see more stories from Don with the three caballeros!

Fernando,
a brazilian caballero on a Caballeros phase! :)