Duckburg Schools

ODD BJARNE POULSEN skovro at get2net.dk
Tue Jun 19 21:47:55 CEST 2001

Hi A.C.
Not only the schools is a subject that has been passed over in silence. I have seen some bath tubs in DD's, but until the newest  Don Rosa comic (With the blueprints...) have I ever, ever - as far as I remember - seen a toilet. -Actually we only see the ...er, seat??? , but anyway, people have toilets...
People die - but never in DD comics. (That'd be sad - but reality...) (Yeah, OK, mr. Rosa let $'s dad die, I know...)
Returning to the subject: Schools and ducks. Most people go to school - and sometimes ducks do too...
A story showing HD&L in school is in my opinion a funny idea. Please notice the word "funny"... I see it as a gag story, since it seems quite hard to imagine an adventure taking place in a school yard. Bullying (which I don't think is called "Mobbing" in English? -Unless, of course, you was attacked (physical) by the other students. ) could of course be chosen as a subject - but really AC, since you have been a victim of bullying, you could answer: Would you, when you was released from the "torture" in school, like to go home, and be remindend of your suffering when "visiting" your friends in duckburg? I found it prefereable to forget about victimisation and meet with adventures... (I don't even think a story where the bullyer is defeated in some way, would cheer me up... :o(  ... )
About Learning From Comics:
YES, it certainly is OK to let kids learn from comics. ANd I am so sorry, it isn't accepted. Though, I remember mu teacher in history telling that when he was studying at the Uuniversity, they discussed "popular science" (Meaning something like 'Science for gunsils/dummies/everyone, right?), and after having studied some DD's/Uncle$'s and some magazines of Pop. Sci., they found out that the reseach for DD's was better than the research for the mag.s... It is food for thought, hmm...

/99E

mob:

sb pøbel; flok; bande
vb stimle sammen; stimle sammen om, omringe ( fx the prince was mobbed by sight-seers
overfalde i flok
Fra Gyldendals Engesk-dansk.