DCML digest, Vol 1 #431 - 4 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Tue Mar 6 12:33:03 CET 2001

DON:

> Don't hold your breath. You might see Bugs Bunny or Asterix or Superman
> coins, but for there to be a government-issue $crooge coin, there is a
> certain corporation who will demand a monstrous up-front fee

I'm sure it's not quite that dramatic. Remember that we are talking about
commemorative, not regular coins. These coins will probably be sold
at "collector" prices, and Disney's cut will only act as an excuse to
raise the final price to lots more than the sum of their face value plus
Disney's cut. (I can see it now: get your exclusive, limited edition,
commemorative 3 Eurocent Uncle Scrooge coins for only 3 Euros each!)

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"This is the bit where one of us suggests we split up and look around, and the
 monster picks us off and eats us one by one."
-----