Scrooge Doubles

François Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Thu Mar 8 01:16:02 CET 2001

Hi Olivier!

> I do remember the "Tonton Soupic" story; I have it here.

This is a classic I would say. Published in issue #1 of Picsou and reprinted
in issue #156 (as very few of them).
http://www2.ec-lille.fr/willot/coa/c1/story.php/4/I+AT++170-A
I always wondered if the two panels where Scrooge and his double run for
Scooge's money, and shells, really were by Chierchini. They look like
Perego.

> Another I fainlty recall and would really love to read again
> (I don't have the issue; can't remember what possibly happened to it--
> I shiver at the though of  it...) is "Tri-Picsou", published in "Mickey
Parade";
> it was the cover's theme as well. I recall it was story in which Uncle
Scrooge
> suffered from split personnality.

Zio Paperone e la triplicità progressiva
in
http://www2.ec-lille.fr/willot/coa/c1/story.php/4/I+TL++758-A
I'm not 100% sure but I think the cover is French.

> Which reminds me of  another story, this one in "Picsou Magazine" (I'll
try to
> find the title & story code): a Jekyll & Hyde story with Donald. Only this
time
> when he drank the potion, Donald did not become mean but excessively
> generous.

Indeed a very good story! Most probably
http://www2.ec-lille.fr/willot/coa/c1/story.php/4/I+AT++325-A

(And there are a few other very good I AT stories by Motta and the Bargada
studio in this period).

  Francois