Are they famous?

Gilles MAURICE goofy313g at infonie.fr
Sun Mar 11 16:28:20 CET 2001

First, let's speak about the Ducks.
Scrooge is the World Richest Man. I think he were famous from the day he was
rich to 1930, the date he "disappeared from private life" (Lo$), in Dismal
Downs, and at Dawson, and, by reputation, all over the world (in Lo$ 7,
Whyatt Hearp says him something like: "This coin ...and this string...
Scrooge McDuck! " and tells the nicknames he has had all over the world.
But during Barksian stories, I think he is only famous by name, reputation,
and because of the Bin (see the reporting from Lo$ 12). In WUS 20, we can
see that the furnaces seller don't know who he is and calls him grandpa
until Scrooge tells his name...
Grandma is shown to be famous by name in the same reporting from Lo$ 12, and
also in W.H.A.D.A.L.O.T.T.A.J.A.R.G.O.N.. She is just shown to be one of the
first persons who live in Duckburg, and also as Clinton Coot's daughter.
Donald is also a little famous, by his bad reputation in Duckburg, but as I
told in my History of the Ducks, nobody remembers his shortn cinematographic
career.
Mickey Mouse is not famous in the stories he appears in, which take place,
to me, before Barks' stories, but in the Hidden Mickey from "A Little
Something Special", he seems to be a star (Searching from the present
Scrooge will most enjoy, one of the Duckburgian propose him a dedicaced
photograph of Mickey). We could imagine that, as in my theory, Mickey became
very famous with the post-45's films he did. (if you haven't understood
something, see the February DCML Archives)

PS: Flintheart doesn't live in South America, but Africa, of course!...