DCML digest, Vol 1 #441 - 15 msgs

Ola Martinsson Ola.Martinsson at uab.ericsson.se
Thu Mar 15 14:42:01 CET 2001

> From: "Lars Jensen" <lpj at forfatter.dk>
> And I see you call Mickey Mouse "the most clever detective of Duckburg". He's not. While he *should* be pretty good at investigating stuff due to his natural curiosity, the characterization of him as a detective only brings back memories of the boring, bland and smug Mickey of the 60s and 70s. The "detective persona" is what for decades made millions of children dislike Mickey. At least, that's how it seems to me.
>
> Lars Jensen

I'm sorry but I must strongly disagree with you. The Paul Murry three
part stories with Mickey and Goofy in far off countries and foiling the
plans of Black Pete, Emil Eagle and others were the best stories in the
Swedish Kalle Anka & c:o weekly when I was 6 to 12 years old, 1967 to
1973 roughly. It was so exciting to wait for next Saturday when the new
number came in the shop and I got my weekly money to go and buy it so
that I could read the next part of the sequel. Well actually I began to
subscribe in 1970 and have continued to this day although there has been
some times when I was thinking of abandoning it, especially when I was a
teen and I had to stand teasing because I read Donald Duck. I must say
that I think it's a shame that the sequels nowadays are so short and the
plot is not at all as complicated as in the long old ones. The Don Rosa
ones not included, cause I think that they range from very good to
outstanding.

Ola in cloudy Stockholm +6