(Sigh)

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Thu Mar 29 17:31:29 CEST 2001

Hello fellow DCML members.  Just a short comment on Daniel van Eijmeren's
wrongly directed posting - and then back to on-topic subjects.

I believe that Dane Shane certainly has the right to Defend his friend's
reputation.  I CERTAINLY do not want any creators SCARED AWAY from our
list.  I think one of the greatest qualities of DCML is the fact that its
membership includes pure fans AND some of the very creators who are
producing what we all enjoy so very much.  That is a somewhat unique
situation, as far as I know.  As a creator myself, and having many of my
very best friends as Disney, or other comics creators, or animation
creators, I can tell you that most (if not all) of us get into that sort of
occupation due to a very strong love of that medium, similar to that shared
by the non-creator fans.  As Don implied, it would be cruel to cut creators
off from their fellow fans.  And, it would make the enjoyment and
information available on the forum significantly less.  I think that even
if we remove Daniel's mistakenly sent message, we still have had other
messages posted to this forum which have included personal opinions about
the actions of individuals ( both list members and non-members).  I think
it would be better if that type of message were kept off of this forum.  We
all come here for the stated topic (not so?).

ON TOPIC:  Gilles Maurice is doing us an invaluable service regarding the
overall industry

list of Duck (and Mouse?) family trees.  It is a mammoth task to gather the
information from all of the different production companies in the various
nations, and to add in those from animation and children's books (if
applicable).  Therefore, I urge EVERYONE who knows of additional relatives
that have not been mentioned on Barks', Rosa's or the other published trees
or lists, to e-mail information on them to Gilles Maurice.  In that way, in
the near future we can all have access to a single, complete, international
list.  Thanks, and let's everybody calm down and enjoy our hobby, eh?  -
Rob Klein