adresses

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Tue May 22 13:17:22 CEST 2001

Hi
Daniël this adress thing is funny!
You mention Donals's adress in US 5 is 1313 Webfoot Walk - I think that
became a rather steady fact. Like in Denmark where Donald usually lives
at Paradise apple (know those fruits??) road no. 111.

I don't think Scrooge and Donald would live on the same street - Barks
might have just used Quack street as one great fun gag-name. Scrooge
would either live in the Bin or in his big mansion, Donald would live
on a street where other middle class people live, such as webfoot (down
on the ground..)

In Denmark, in the begnning of the 90'
es when the weekly was enlarged with 8 pages, they started telling of
the charecters when they had birthdays, and a series in 1993 set spot
on a chrecter everytime. From these pages we eg. learned that Gyro
lives in Genius street, Gladstone live in the Fortuna-Parc-road and so
on. Mickey lives at Mouse Road, Minnie at Mouse Track (Remember we
haven't got the term Mouseton in Denmark) - Goofy at Muzzle road, which
calls for an explanation : In danish Goofy's is called Fedtmule,
referring to the fact that his not very slim (fat) and he has quite a
big nose/mouth, a muzzle (I think that's the explanation- correct me if
I'm wrong).
Scrooge lives at road of big wealth. ON my map of Duckburg, I can see
more of these names. The bad thing is, that every charecter lives on a
road called after him or herself, and that makes the streets very
short. a bit unrealistic, but anyway, many new stories of Duckburg are
too.
I don't think we ever leanred Scrooge's phone-number in DK. We did
learn Donald's once, but that was a real recording machine at the
publishers were kids would call from 9am to 3 pm on weekdays and tell
if they liked the weekly to have this or that kind of stories and so.

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk