Donald's House on Oak Street

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Wed May 23 06:37:48 CEST 2001

I finally remembered the story with Donald's house on Oak Street.  It was
the Barks story in WDC &S Nr. 64, January 1946.  The story is about
Donald's New Year's resolution to not lose his temper (get angry).  The
final panel shows the local beat policeman making his rounds and saying
"All quiet on Oak Street, except donald Duck's house - which is as usual!"
The house is pictured from the outside as having only one level (story),
but from the inside, it shows a tall stairway leading up to a large attic
(or small second floor). It is an older style house than those on Quack
Street or Webfoot Walk.

I had also forgotten to mention Donald's house that is adjacent to
Frozenbear Lake.  That house is only a one-story bungalow.

In WDC & S Nr. 190, the backyard of his house lies adjacent to a creek.
This is also true of several stories during 1954 - 1959.  I assume most of
those houses are on Quack Street (both 1313 and 13 Quack street), and
Webfoot Walk, on the South Side of Duckburg.  Donald lives in a suburban
area, so it must be 13 East Quack Street , and 1313 East, as West on Quack
Street would be nearer the City Centre (business district).  The creek
might be called Tulebug Creek, which I consider to be a tributary of the
Tulebug River; which I assume to descend from the high mountains of the
Eagleclaw Wilderness, flowing east/southeast through the foothills above
Goosetown, then a bit south, and then west/southwest past Swanville and
towards the southern parts of Duckburg, and then west to the Pacific Ocean.
 The Duckburg River is larger.  It descends from high mountains in
Northeast Calisota, flowing through boreal forested foothills and valleys,
southwest into spreading valleys of farms through Tuleville, Catville and
Hentown, and more southwest into the northern portion of Duckburg, and west
into Duckburg Bay (and the Pacific Ocean).

Donald's Houses:

Two- story  (Wood frame stucco walls)(WDC & S 38, 63 - 1st & 2nd Jones
wars, WDC 43)
One- story on shore of Duckburg River (WDC
House on shore of Beavertail Lake  (WDC 62)
Bungalow on Webfoot Walk (WDC 201) (may have back on shore of creek or
Tulebug River)
House in Genteel District (WDC 178)
Two - story house near farms (Wood plank) (DD 26)
One story (brick?) on Frozenbear Lake (WDC 88)
One story bungalow brick & stucco - odd-shaped roof (WDC159)
House near Dizzydrop Hill (WDC 100, WDC 184, WDC 208) Hilly area (perhaps
also WDC 213near Breakneck Hill)
Most other 1-story bungalow houses South Side suburban area 913 or 1313
Quack Street or Webfoot Walk)

I'll be curious to see other comments on this subject.  -  Rob Klein