adresses / beagle numbers

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed May 23 15:57:27 CEST 2001

Anders:

> I don't think Scrooge and Donald would live on the same street - Barks
> might have just used Quack street as one great fun gag-name.

In California, streets and avenues are very long. Sunset Boulevard, for
instance, runs from downtown L.A. (where the not-so-rich people live)
through Hollywood and Bevery Hills all the way to the coast (I spent one day
last year driving along the entire road!).
They have a numbering system where they start at a new 100 with every block.
The first block would be 1-99, the 2nd block 100-199, etc.

So if Duckburg, Calisota has the same system as most cities in California,
Donald and Scrooge *can* live in the same street, 13 blocks apart (Donald on
Quack Street #13 and Scrooge on #1313, if I remember correctly).

> I would consider it a teaser, something to rellay tease the fans, that
> the 7th beagle boy-number is never show[n]... quite
> frustrating:-) yeah, let it be an eternal secret.

I think it's simple: two Beagle Boys carry the *same* number, and no-one
ever noticed!
(Hm... this would be a nice subject for a story... 8-)

--Harry.