Scrooge's domicile

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Wed May 23 16:14:34 CEST 2001

I think it is clear from consideration of ALL the Barks stories that Uncle
scrooge has several "homes".  (1) He has a large mansion in the
countryside; (2) mansion within the City limits on Billionaire's Row; (3)
small house on B Street (for hiding from people?); (4) place to sleep in
the Money Bin; and possibly, (5) place to sleep in McDuck Building (usually
with smaller Money bin than the official ones on Killmotor Hill and on the
flats by the Duckburg River on the site of Old Fort Duckburg).

It is clear that he probably spent more nights in the Money Bin than not,
and certainly much more than in the mansions.  There is no indication of
his having or needing an apartment in the City Centre (as the Money Bin or
McDuck Building bed or cot would have sufficed for such.

Back to Donald's address:  If Donald also had a house on 1313 Quack Street
and 13 Quack Street, those addresses could both be on EAST Quack Street,
while the 1313 Quack Street of Scrooges Building could be on 1313 WEST
Quack Street (near the waterfront and City Centre).   Quack Street is
likely to be a long street (east/west direction) spanning the entire
breadth of Duckburg.  From the Waterfront, through Harbour, Downtown
(business district), and City Centre, it is a major street (wide
boulevard).  By the time it gets to Donald's suburban neighbourhood, it is
a small residential street.

Sorry for the incorrect mention of WDC 201 address.  Donald's address was,
indeed 13 Quack Street.  But, I remember another story which mentioned the
1313 Quack Street address for Donald.  So, he must have had at least  or 5
different addresses (based on listed addresses AND art in panels showing
neighbourhood landforms).  He should have had more, based on the very
different look of several houses; however, one could claim that he only
rebuilt all of them on the same plot of land (so we cannot be sure).

Rob klein