Scrooge and Paperinika.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:41:16 CET 2001

  Armando said recently that Scrooge was hateful in those old stories when
he used to swindle every other character.Realy hasn't anybody else enjoyed
it when Donald was signing contracts in which the small printed letters
actualy contained Scrooge's real terms?Scrooge was quite an inteligent guy
even if he had low morality.Have you ever heard about angelic businessmen?I
think not.To me it appeared that Scrooge knew all the tricks and how to use
them for his own good.It was one of the things that got me interested in the
character in the first place.I wouldn't call him hateful.(Though I'd call
hateful every Mickey Mouse story which presented him as a goody-two-shoes
with no interest in money or personal gain).
  As for Armando's opinion for Paperinika,he probably was a nine-yeasr old
than didn't like to see his heroe humiliation by a girl.Personaly I liked
this version of Daisy.Instead of a fashioned-crazed,overly-sweet Duck I'd
like to see more of her as a character that is going to fight in order to
prove her point.And humiliating a more experienced vigilante prooves her
worth.I'd call it the begining of a complicated relationship.And Paperinik's
humilation is a result of his ego more than his being incapable.(I use the
second Paperinika story for references).
  And Armando then proceeded to compare Paperinik and Paperinika to Super
Goof.I don't think you can compair them.Both vigilantes wore the costume to
have their revenge on those who humiliated them,to impose their own version
of "justice",to proove their worth and their points and occasionaly take
care of their financial interests.That is why I liked the original Paperinik
stories and the two Paperinika I have more than the modern "superheroic"
Paperinik stories.Super Goof with all the power he possesed wasn't a
well-developed character.He was determined not to brake any law and capture
any one who did.No decency,he was wearing his underpants ,and aparently no
reason for his actions.And silly would describe this version of Goofy well.
  One of the many reasons I like the Ducks more than the rest of Disney
characters is that they are shady,complicated characters with constantly
developing talents and flaws.I wouldn't like to see a Scrooge with no
greed,a Donald/Paperinik who is invincible and a Daisy/Paperinika who takes
insults well.Would Armando or anybody else  want that?