Twin Towers... of Duckburg

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 21:01:56 CET 2001

Hi all

Nils Lid Hjort wrote:

> The following question *might* therefore have been
> thoroughly discussed before. If not, please start
> discussing now:
http://sweden.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=9423

I mentioned that to Anders Christian Sivebaek 2 days
ago, when I received a package from him with Don's
"Space Varmints" and the new "Lost Crown" stories!
These 2 towers looks like New York's WTC towers, which
as we all know, do not exist any more.

So, was these 2 towers Duckburg's DTC (Duck Trade
Center)? BTW, I don't remember any Carl of Don's
stories with scyscrapers or twin towers, apart from
the "Incident at McDuck Tower". In italian stories,
Duckburg is a city of today, like New York, with
towers all over the city. But again I never read a
story with "twin towers" like WTC.

Coincidentally, both centers (WTC and DTC) destroyed
by a flying object (in this case is the Money Bin).
Don's story is a closer look of the future, the future
we're living right now. Don make, without even know it
in 1997, a reference to the 2001's New York disaster!

Off-topic now, I really like these 2 towers. I was
hoping of visiting them someday with my father and see
the view from there. But now the only thing I can do
is to go to the Empire State Building or wait for a
new WTC (I've read that they'll re-built it, taller
this time) :-|

Other news now:
-Komix editors will put a reference to my site, in an
upcoming issue :-)
-Komix' Christmas story will be Don's "Heart Of
Yukon".

Best Wishes from Athens, where you'll find only 2-3
towers if you'll ever visit it.

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece
E-mail: komixgreekpage at yahoo.com