Finnish Carl Barks comics to swap

Kari Elkelä kari.elkela at sci.fi
Thu Nov 15 19:12:15 CET 2001

Hi Friends,

I'm a Finnish comic book collector. I have a net site with a
small Carl Barks page
http://www.sci.fi/~karielk/akuankka.htm It's only in
Finnish, sorry. I like to tell that there are much more than
2000 Donald Duck comic books published in Finland and Carl
Barks is very popular here. He is also one of my favourites.

I have several spare issues of Finnish Donald Duck comic
book Aku Ankka. Many of them are Carl Barks specials and
most include at least one Carl Barks story. I'm willing to
swap them to other comics. I have swapped many kinds of
comics with guys all over the world but so far I have not
succeeded to find anyone willing to get Finnish Aku Ankka
(Donald Duck) comic books.

On my page http://www.sci.fi/~karielk/com_shop.htm you can
find a list what I have and what I miss. Those Finnish
comics I like to swap with you are under link "Myyn" on that
page. Some of comics I like to get are listed under link "I
buy". I hope you are interested to swap some of these Carl
Barks comic books.

I have even collected a huge excel sheet which list allmost
all Carl Barks stories published in Finland. It has 1252
rows = stories published. You see that some stories are
published several times.

My file includes this information:
Title and issue number of Finnish publication, Title
Character in Finnish, Story title in Finnish, Number of
Pages, American Comic Book Title and issue number there
story was Originally published, Original Publishing Year, Do
I own story in Finnish and Do I own story in English. I can
email this to those who swap with me. It is the biggest
sheet in my Comics and other collecting excel file (total
size 1,2MB).

Thanks to H. W. Fluks for telling me about this mailing list
and about INDUCKS list. My Carl Barks file is a bit
different to INDUCKS lists because my file is completely
sortable. It does not contain so versatile information but
it has been very usefull for my own collecting.

Best Wishes,
Kari

PS. My home page in English is EC Comics from the Fifties
http://www.sci.fi/~karielk/eccomics.htm  It is listed even
in the Overstreet Pice Guide.

Kari Elkelä
karielk at sci.fi