Characters.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 23:27:03 CET 2001

   Thanks for your answer Armando.But even Mr.Barks in his "Voodoo Hoodoo"
explained that Scrooge can be overcome by greed who leads him to atrocious
actions.I consider most of the Martina's stories such moments of extreme
greed.I believe that we are seing Scrooge's brightest and darkest sides in
the stories of different creators.I usualy just disregard the stories who
present Scrooge as childish,foolish or ignorant.Those are probably the only
things he is definitely not.
  Paperinik and Paperinika express different viewpoints so I don't think
they are clones of each other.I think these identities express Donald's and
Daisy's need for revenge.But the targets are different.Donald/Paperinik
targets those who personaly wronged him or criminals inforcing his own type
of "justice".Daisy also leads the feminists group of Duckburg by proving
what a woman worths.Her revenje is against prejudism.She also trys to
inforce her own version of "justice".Where this versions are similar and
where there is a contrast between them is the story's main interesting
point.And Paperinik was geting too arrogant by the time.A few losses would
help him think better.
  What do you mean silly Super Goof stories?As far as I know there isn't one
that is close to serious.And the reason why all the characters that
temporarily possesed super-powers were boring is that those added nothing to
their personalities,their inteligence and their motivation had no interest
for the reader.
  You are right about Mickey.Gottfredson handled the character better than
the rest.See how Mickey is tempted by power in "The Miracle Master".In
"Monarch of Medioka" he makes sure he is the king while Michael XIV is
absent.He is determined not to be controlled by his ministers.He is
ambitious and well-balanced.Even Scarpa didn't gave his Mouse such a style.
  And a question.Recently in Greece we have more and more reprints of
Italian stories staring Pete.What happened?Italians got bored of Mickey as
Americans did before them?