Harald

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Tue Nov 27 10:26:42 CET 2001

Harald Havas:

> I don't know if there's still anybody here who remembers me.

There sure is! Nice "talking" with you again.
Your books sounds very interesting. And it will be in a language I can read!
8-)

> - Barks: what was important between his trip to Europe 1994
> and his death?
> Any more paintings? Any more stories written? Something else
> - like a series
> of Donald drawings(?) he did at the time when he officially
> became a "Disney
> Legend". Private stuff (end of his affiliation with his
> former management).
> Who knows about this? Where can I find a up-to-date biography
> that includes these details?

I don't know how up-to-date it is, but you might try Daniël's "Guidebook"
site:
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/ (and maybe in particular
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/art_dn.html).

Barks had some small involvement in the story "Somewhere in Nowhere". He
also did a few paintings after 1994. And he did a bunch of drawings (70 or
so) to celebrate his 96th birthday. And he wrote a poem for his fans
(published here on DCML). And he probably did some other things that I
forgot to mention.

> - other artists: we'd like to include a (short) chapter showing the
> unknowing public what happened to Disney-Comics after Taliaferro,
> Gottfredson and Barks. I mean: GREAT creators that followed
> their footsteps. Like Rosa or Rota. Now: Who would you include?

Apart from Scarpa, I'd mention Daan Jippes. And possibly Mau Heymans. And
maybe Daniel Branca.

> Where would I find informations on their
> individual biographies and bibliographies?

For bibliographies, you can of course consult our Inducks database. For
instance following links from
http://home.wxs.nl/~fluks4/bolderbast/

> 1. Bad English
> There's a trick! Write your mail in Word (or a similar
> program) turn on
> "English" as language and the program shows you all your
> misspellings - and can edit them! ;-)

Not *all* your misspellings. No computer program has been good enough to
correct "I don't no weather the whether will bee good tomorrow".

--Harry.