Gary: Komix

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Nov 28 09:40:41 CET 2001

Gary Leach to Kriton:

> Your call to your "fellow Greek readers", however, might
> amount to asking
> them to collectively shoot themselves in the foot! Do you
> really want them
> to abandon Komix because it is, in your view, violating some
> "purity of
> content" rule? I really don't see how they'll manage to
> accomplish anything
> by this beyond helping to hasten the demise of yet another
> Disney comics publication.

Kriton has been criticising the contents of Komix for months now.
Apparently, the Komix people don't listen to this criticism, or they decide
to ignore it. So the only other option that's left is to spend less money:
that's what the publisher *really* should care about.

There are some similarities with the Gladstone comics when their sales went
down. We got less content for a larger price. We got advertisements
disguised as articles. And I wouldn't be surprised if Komix would start to
spread a Rosa story over 3 issues, so at least the Rosa fans have to buy
them. And all the time the fans complain, we only hear "give the editors
some room, they already have a hard time selling their comics".

I *do* hope that Komix will stay in existance. But that will only happen if
they know what their readers want.

--Harry.