Gary - Dell/GK !!!!!!!!!!!

joe gouldIII joegouldiii at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 20:57:43 CEST 2001

...I , actually , was not aware that Western's
involvement ent so far as " overseeing the printing "
, thank you Gary , but , I don't think that what I
wrote was inaccurate , Gary just added more detail .
  US comics fans DO tend to classify things by company
- And , actually , Gary's description othe post-1963
GK/W/W just backs up that I was accurate , then , in
referring to the 1963-1973 Dell as " another company "
, then - or , frankly , if you want to look at it the
way distributors and comics fans of 1963 no doubt saw
it , Gold Key was the " new company " , though , yes ,
obviously , they continued along the same path they'd
worked on pre-1963 - cerainly regarding our reason for
being here , the Disney comics .
  Anyway , there were two companies where one had
stood before . Frankly , considering how AWFUL Gold
Key's distribution got ( in the 70s , Gold Keys were
SIMPLY NOT CARRIED , in my home area , on the
newsstands , whereas DC , Marvel , Archie , Charlton ,
Harvey , etc. , all were . )...well , why cry over
shredded funnybooks ?
  Anyway , Gary , I liked the - albeit brief -
information on the EEK! THE CAT comic , and , I wasn't
denigriating , AT ALL , Gladstoe's non-Disney
offerings - many of which I bought ! ( I may be
repeating myself here , but...)