OT-Spam through DCML?/DCML artist Holiday Cards

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Sat Dec 7 18:49:13 CET 2002

For Sigvald: My E-mail address is on DCML...-and I have not been bombarded with
American, or any other type of spam! Per Starback has done a great job of
protecting DCML and its members (at least from receiving problems initiated
through DCML.

I am still receiving very few SPAM messages, as is normal. As Soeren and others
have stated, spam filters cannot screen out ALL spam.  If they were to screen
out enough "types" of messages to stop ALL spam, you would also lose a large
percentage of the ordinary messages from your OWN contacts. I believe that MY
primary provider's spam filter being so strong, is the reason my French friends
on WANADOO cannot reach my provider provided e-mail box,- and they CAN get
messages through to my YAHOO (web-based) e-mail box.  There are SEVERAL DCML
members that use my YAHOO box and have given up on my other box (even though
I've told them that I prefer private mails to the lafn box). This shows me what
happens when a provider attempts to screen out most or all SPAM. Regular e-mail
then becomes useless!!!

Sigvald,- Please ask your computer related questions PRIVATELY to a
knowledgeable contact of yours in a private mail. For example, questions about
DCML's operation could better be answered by Per.  I cannot speak for others on
DCML, but most of us are very nice people, who would likely answer a computer
question. The people who have already answered your virus questions and this
last one might be good sources to go to in future.

Sorry, everyone, for this long off-topic message.

I will again provide a Disney theme Holiday card for the group.  I hope others
will also do this, as they (Don, Timo and others) did over the last several
years. I can't wait to see what they look like.

Rob
Klein