DCML digest #1190

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Dec 19 15:47:44 CET 2002

From: "Carey Furlong" <stratocruiser at cox.net>
> Is it me, or does the lightbulbs spell F.S.M.? Anyone able to shed some
> light on the meaning of this...? :)
>>>uuuhhh,  Film Score Monthly?
Well, maybe not. But knowing how esoteric Don can be, why not?

Coulda been! I'm a longtime subscriber to FILM SCORE MONTHLY and I consider
their release of Waxman's score to PRINCE VALIANT one of the best music CDs
I have!
But no, the initials of "F.S.M." in the gaslamp wicks (not lightbulbs in a
Dawson City saloon!) was the favor desired by the guy who gave me the
two-sentence germ of an idea for the plot of that story. He wants me to
never divulge his name (and I don't know why) -- all I can say beyond that
is he lives in France and is a reader of PICSOU.