Prince Valiant & Season greetings

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 21 11:50:55 CET 2002

Hi everyone!

Carey:

>> Interesting that of the only 3,000 copies Film Score Monthly produced of the
>> Prince Valiant CD, two are owned by members of DCML. I have a copy, too.

It was nice, indeed, to read about FSM here, finding some of  us share another passion. I don't have
Prince Valiant (though I was tempted), but I'm still #3 on the DCML / FSM list, and there may well
be a couple of  titles we share-- by Goldsmith, Williams, Bernstein, ...

I'll try and make the transition from film music back to Disney comics thanks to "The Life & Times":
"I think I handled [Scrooge's parents' death] fairly tastefully by allowing  the final scene in 'The
Ghost and Mrs Muir' to be my inspiration; I could hear that glorious Bernard Herrmann score in my
head as I drew those panels".
(Keno Don Rosa; notes on Chapter IX, "The Billionaire of Dismal Downs")
I don't have Herrmann's score to "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" (yet-- I do have the theme on a Herrmann
compilation though), but I've read somehwere the DVD is planned for next year. ;)

Disney-wise, besides the comics, once they're up and running, I hope Gemstone will publish some
"Library" albums-- by Don Rosa, Van Horn, Jippes, Taliaferro, ...

If  all goes well, I should be able to announce a new feature on my site
(http://ob7.free.fr/mice_and_ducks/) for the new year. I am preparing it right now and hope you will
like it.

All my very best wishes to all of  you!
Have a merry Christmas and year's end!