DCML digest #1192

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Dec 24 06:52:46 CET 2002

> From: Stefan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Di=F6s?= <pyas at swipnet.se>
> OK, then, so who is A.M. in the two lamps on the wall...?

That's for YOU and your "Apparent Mistake" in thinking those squiggles are
letters. But I looked, and it does look like an "A" and an "M", eh?

> Also, Don, I hear that your strike is over and you've taken up comics work
> again. This should be a great news item, but I don't think I've seen it
> mentioned on this list. Anything you can tell us?

Well, since this stuff is strictly between me and Egmont, I don't
automatically blab about it (unless forced to). Yes, we seem to have pretty
much come to a mutual agreement that I think will allow me to continue to
create new stories and other artwork for at least another few years (and I
hope longer). I might not be actively supporting all all-Rosa reprint
projects, but I at least will allow the use of my name on the projects, and
hopefully we'll work something out so that I can be directly involved
(because I enjoy it and I am very proud of such projects, obviously).
But now consider the time lag here... don't look for anything new too soon.
If I start a story NOW, it takes me about 3 or 4 months to finish one, and
then there's a 6 month span of time between completion and
first-publication. That means you won't see a new story by moi for at
*least* 9 months. I hate that. 6 months lost...