Nephews' Cap Colour

Ari Seppi ari.seppi at iki.fi
Sat Dec 28 22:13:45 CET 2002

Rob:
>For that, I went back to the original USA issues, to see if there might have
>been an "official" assignment of colours. A complete survey of ALL the Barks
>and non-Barks Duck stories from 1942-1967 revealed that the colouring
>was "almost" random.

A complete survey of all Duck stories from 1942-1967? That must have
been quite a work.

>It will be intersting to hear from members in the various countries
>whether or
>not there were "official colours" in their publications. Perhaps some did,
>but
>only during certain years, with specific Chief Editors???
>Kai,...Can you look through all your Finnish Duck stories and tell us if you
>see a pattern there? (we'll understand if you don't have time to do so).

Actually we have an easier way to find out the official colours in Finland:
Aku Ankka's WWW-page and its KÄÄK-section. The colours are:
Huey-blue, Dewey-yellow or green, and Louie-red. As Kai remembered
this thing has been dealt with in an editorial page of Aku Ankka 21/1979.

--
Ari Seppi (ari.seppi at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/