Scrooge drinking booze

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Mon Feb 4 16:21:21 CET 2002

DON ROSA:
>But I'm uncomfortable with that idea, too. Even though I do not consider
>$crooge as someone who likes booze much, I also consider him, after his
>years in the Yukon and other frontiers of the world, as someone who could
>hold any amount of the strongest likker and never notice it. But that's
>something that I guess will need to stay in my "private notes" category
>of $crooge lore.

This kind of behaviour has been depicted in some old Italian stories (why
I'm not suprised?). I've scanned the two occasions I remember.

http://www.hut.fi/~pkannine/roopejuo1.jpg
This is Barosso/Scarpa story "Zio Paperone e il clavicembalo scrivano"
(I TL  357-A). It has US in Mexico drinking liquer. The bartender says as
Scrooge drinks "Caramba! You got some guts! With one gulp, just like that!
Not even a feather stirred!"

http://www.hut.fi/~pkannine/roopejuo2.jpg
This Chierchini's story "Paperino e il ciclaliante sperimentale"
(I TL  371-A). I think the pictures are quite self-evident. In the first
panel US says that he drank this drink, "The smell of firestone", when he
was in Alaska.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Aku Ankan taskukirja -tietokanta: http:/www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"Miten suhtautuisitte asiaan, jos kotiinne yhtäkkiä ilmaantuisi
Kali-jumalattaren patsas?" -Kalin kynsi, Aku Ankan taskukirja 73