Where Scrooge lives

Ari Seppi ariseppi at koti.soon.fi
Tue Jan 15 10:40:28 CET 2002

Don:
> > He does live in the U.S... and in Finland, Sweden, Denmark...
Italy,
> > Spain, Portugal... Brasilia, Chile, Argentina... Never-Never
land... and
> > where ever the Disney comics artists write and draw him to and/or
> > the readers of the comics imagine him in.
> That's a very nice, politically-correct answer.

Thank you. I also think it's the right answer. :-)

> (Also, I'm not a "Disney artist", again beside the point at the
> moment.)

I just defined a "Disney artist" as "a person who has done comics
stories for official Disney comics producer or producers".
I didn't mean it as... But ok. :-) (Hmm. I overuse these smileys.)

> In MY stories, Scrooge and Duckburg are *definitely* in The United
States
> of America.

Yes, my point exactly.

I think the artist always has the ultimate say in the questions
related
to his work. So your ducks live in the United States. That is a fact
like
"Harry Potter lives in the UK." and "Winnie the Pooh is a bear with
very little brain." No translator or editor can ever change these
universal
facts even if they changed their printing of a story.

But while I do think you are the best "person who has done comics
stories for official Disney comics producer or producers" alive, there
are also other comics creators.

And as you said some of the other writers don't care about the exact
location of their Duckburg. Some simply don't think the location is
that important. Some might place their ducks on some fantasy
planet. Some might even wish that the people in different countries
could imagine that the ducks live in their country thus giving the
reader the final say over where Scrooge lives.

And that is why: "and/or the readers of the comics imagine him in."

To summarize my post: Rosa ducks in the US, others where ever.

--
Ari Seppi (mani at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/