Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Tue Jan 15 17:14:36 CET 2002

Hi all

>From: "Kenneth Glendinning" <neth80 at hotmail.com>
>
>What a stupid thing to do, why in the hell would you change the country
>that
>Uncle
>Scrooge lives in?

First - you don't have to swear to point out your questions.
secondly - the tradition of some european duck comics have the ducks and
mice living in their country.
Mainly not to confuse the readers - who are/were considered to be kids.
This is also the reason that so many names of countries were changed in
our publications.

About the Duckish sayings, or what we call it.
We of course also have those classic expressions with a Scrooge McDuck and
such.
We sometimes use the Ole Opfinder instead of Gyro, Ole is a charcter
(Skalman) in the comic Bamse, made by the swede Rune Andreason.

Moreover we say pure Donald Duck about something if it's crazy.

A politican accused the government of suffering from the cousin
Gladstone-effect (They were having success) (Svend Auken, from social
democratic party, how many years ago was that? )

Another politician once called the European Parliament a Mickey Mouse
parliament, insinuating that it wasn't  a real parliament, unable to take
decissions and such. (Ritt Bjerregaard, to the ones wo are interested)

The 4th nephew, called Phooey or Barks is called Ups in Denmark, or Nyrup
- perhaps inspired from our former prime minister.

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist