H-stories

Simo Malinen malines24 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:08:49 CET 2002

HARRY:
>Pujol is a very good studio artist. And so is Bernado (most of the times).

And just mentioning there's also one very good new Dutch artist not
mentioned here in DCML at all: Sander Gulien.
Unlike so many others he's not desperately trying to do ducks by Carl Barks'
style(s) - he's using Daan Jippes' style! (there's a difference). Not
meaning
every duck looks like if observed through some optical wide-angle lens
system
but I think Gulien's carefully made artwork IS in balance. What you think?:

http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/tmp/h92159_4.jpg

_ _
>>- (a fan of Danish Disney stories)
>
>You mean *all* Danish stories? Rydahl as well as Vicar, and Milton, and
Tello, and Jippes, and Rosa?
>Naah, you must mean a specific subset of Danish stories.

Should have been more exact: a fan of some of them. Vicar stories
since the 1970's, Tello and Bancells stories in the 80's, Ferioli, Santanach
and Colomer stories in the 90's... - especially the longer adventures
spliced
in sequels. Rydahl sucks. Rosa is from the other solar system (not
comparable).

- Simo (a fan of some Disney stories)